|Job Title:||Cancer Pharmacist|
|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Salary:||Up to £45,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Quad Healthcare|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 16:43|
Work for one of the leading Healthcare Pharmaceutical Suppliers in the UK!
Our Client is currently looking to employ an Oncology/Cancer Pharmacist on a Full time Permanent basis.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Cancer Pharmacist to join one of our Pharmaceutical clients on permanent basis. They are looking for someone who will play a key role in the growth and success of the company by applying professional expertise to support the supply of oncology medicinal products in an effective and economic way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out clinical screening of all prescriptions on eDocs to ensure appropriateness of therapeutic indication, dose, frequency, form and route of administration in accordance with the Medicines Act, BOPA and “Medicines, Ethics and Practice Guide.”
- To check validity of changes to dose and medication based on patient notes on Dynamics and nurse administration records. If notes do not support changes, raise a Document Under Investigation (DUI) and pass to pharmacy support staff to investigate. Check progress on resolution of issue and only progress when issues resolved.
- To oversee the dispensing and supply of medicinal products in compliance with the requirement of the Medicines, Ethics and Practice Guide” published by the General Pharmaceutical Council and Guide to Good Distribution Practice.
- To report Adverse Events and Product Quality Complaints to pharmaceutical manufacturers with whom the company has contractual obligations for reporting.
- Help find solutions to operational issues such as the need to source and/or supply medicines urgently, or the provision of cross-cover.
- Provide Sound Pharmacy advice
- To provide patient counselling and advice by telephone and email (clinical queries, travel queries, side effects/adverse events).
- To provide an advisory service on pharmaceutical matters to logistics staff, nurses, customer services and all other appropriate areas of the business.
- Liaison with health professionals in referring centres regarding their patients and the service, including answering queries.
- Provide support with the implementation of projects, where necessary.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the Lead Pharmacist appropriate with the grade and level of responsibility of the job.
- Take ownership over own CPD to ensure compliance with professional requirements, and keep professional skills up to date.
- To undertake training modules through the British Oncology Pharmacy Association.
Skills, qualifications and qualities Required
Experience: Oncology 1-2 years minimum, therapy knowledge relating to the conditions treated, including a good knowledge of chemotherapy and haematology regimens.
Qualities: well developed communication skills including active listening, questioning and demonstrating interpersonal sensitivity. You will be self-motivated and energetic with a positive approach to work. Displaying well developed planning and organisational skills, you will be confident in multi-tasking and managing your time whilst prioritizing workloads. You will demonstrate high levels of attention to detail, and will be confident in finding solutions to problems and adapting to change.
Qualifications: undergraduate degree in Pharmacy and postgraduate qualification in Oncology, and will be registered with the GPhC with completion of CPD. At least 3 years’ experience working at a Pharmacist in a community or hospital environment is key, as well as an additional 1 years’ experience working as an Oncology Pharmacist.
Our client knows people are fundamental to their success and they are focused on helping people to develop their careers. They have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through induction to ongoing professional development throughout your career.
They also offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Provide Private Healthcare Cover after two years’ service
- Death in Service
- Annual Holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Onsite Gym
- Online Benefits Portal
Know someone who might be interested in this role? We pay a minimum of £250 per person if you refer them to Quad Healthcare and they work more than four weeks in any of our placements.
Just simply e-mail HC@quadrecruitment.com with their details, we will do the rest!
If you know someone that is looking for a move, let us know and we'll pay you the following fee:
Salaries from £18K - £22,999 = £250
Salaries from £23K - £26,999 = £500
Salaries from £27K - £29,999 = £750
Salaries from £30,000 ^ = £1000
Quad Healthcare offer Specialist recruitment consultancy across the UK specialising within the Medical Healthcare Sector for Allied Health Professionals (AHP), Health Science Services(HSS), Nursing and other Clinical roles in the following settings:
- Private Healthcare
- Community Healthcare
- Industry & Scientific
- Public Healthcare
- Voluntary/Not for profit organisations
We believe in Honesty and Transparency, with this at heart and along with a wealth of combined knowledge, we aim to provide an unparalleled service in order to find the perfect Role for you!
For More Information or to discuss other opportunities please call on 01244 621 477 or e-mail HC@quadrecruitment.com