Care Assistant (Home Care)
|Job Title:||Care Assistant (Home Care)|
|Salary:||£8.20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2018 09:46|
Location: South Tyneside, North Tyneside, Gateshead (all travelling paid for)
Type of employment: Permanent – 36 hours contracted
Who are we?
We have been an established Home Care Agency for 7 years. We are registered with the CQC to provide outstanding care and support to people in their own home. We strive to succeed and continually improve the quality of the care that we provide. We are a NHS preferred supplier and train our staff to remain competent and confident in all they do. We are an ambitious company who take tremendous pride in meeting the wishes of the people we support.
In a nutshell, your role would include visiting approx. 5 homes in a day assisting our clients within their own home each for a minimum of 60 minutes per time.
• You would be paid for all your travelling time in between clients – from the minute you start shift to the very end.
• You would follow clients care plans which means you be expected to recognise any change with a person’s condition or symptoms.
• Administrate prescribed medication noting any relevant information which includes keeping accurate records.
• Respect confidentiality and give practical and emotional support to help our clients live their lives in a meaningful way.
• Work alongside the client’s family and friends and build a happy, trusted relationship.
• Ensure compliance with manual handling, infection control and health and safety policies.
What hours will I work?
You will be contracted to 36 hours a week – 3 shifts a week in total (12 hour shifts each). Earliest you will start is 8am and latest you will finish is 9pm.
What do I need?
All you need for this role is a minimum of two years’ experience working with complex care (end of life and palliative care).
• Preferably an NVQ/QCF Level 2 – Health and Social Care.
• A full UK Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
• Be willing to work towards a Care Certificate and your NVQ Level 3 – Health and Social Care.
• Preferably experience working with elderly, end of life and palliative care.
• Knowledge of CQC Regulations is desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge of care plans.
• You need to be organised, committed and competent with exceptional communication skills and a good sense of humour!
The good stuff, what’s in it for you?
• A huge amount of training (paid for) with the support of a fantastic team to help you grow.
• Rebate on DBS check once completed your 3-month probation.
• A free uniform
• 28 days holiday
• Pension scheme
• All travel time between clients is paid for.
Feel free to get in touch and call the office directly on 01244 621 477 to discuss any roles that we have in your area.