Care Practitioner - Malpas
|Job Title:||Care Practitioner - Malpas|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2017 09:39|
Job Title: Care Practitioner
Type of Employment: Full time
Salary: £15,506 - £19,892 DOE (plus sleep in allowance of £28)
Do you love working with children and want to make a difference? Then look no further! We are currently recruiting for resilient and therapeutic Care Workers and we would love to hear from you!
Who are we?
Spread across North Wales and Shropshire we have a handful of young people living in our therapeutic home ranging from ages 11 to 18 years old.
Our aim is to provide vulnerable children with the highest of complex needs including autism, learning difficulties, deep-rooted trauma, sexual abuse, self-harm and neglection.
Our drive is to provide these children with a therapeutic place to live. We have been making a positive difference for young people for almost 30 years, ensuring every child has the opportunity to grow, flourish, progress and fulfil their potential.
We are a growing, well-established business who want to ensure all of the young people within our care experience the support a parent would provide for them on a day to day basis. Each child is unique and will always be cared for to their specific needs.
As a result of their fragmented and traumatic background these children do display some extremes of challenging behaviour and emotional/behavioural difficulties.
In a nutshell, you will be solely responsible for the child-centred care and nurturing of the young people within our small homes.
As a part of our ever-growing team you will support the education of our young people and their interests/activities. This will help you to build a trusted and professional relationship with our young people. Whilst ensuring the home is kept clean and tidy at all times and domesticated jobs and housekeeping duties are kept on top of.
It is your job to encourage confidence, independence and the transforming of their lives. Creating future opportunities through a therapeutic approach and facilitating their mental and emotional development. It is important our young people feel comfortable and safe in our environment.
You must able to deal with challenging behaviour and emotional difficulties and be able to react professionally to situations along with the correct guidance and training.
In the role as a Care Worker you will expected to work sleeps in as part of your shift pattern.
Qualifications and Skills
• You will need to hold an NVQ3/Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent.
• Preferably a good understanding of multiple complex needs in young people such as – sexual abuse, self-harm, learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviours, trauma and neglection.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• You will need to be extremely resilient in the residential home and provide the highest standard of care at all times.
• Both proactive and reactive to difficult and demanding situations.
• Full UK Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle for your own transport.
What’s in it for you? The good stuff!
• Sick Pay Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Pension Scheme
• Full training and support package with induction programme
• Funded opportunities to enable you to progress including access to a Foundation Degree.
• Overtime paid at time and a third.
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check if successful.
What are you waiting for? Apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.