|Job Title:||Deputy Manager|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2017 16:59|
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Location: Poole, Dorset (2 miles from centre of Bournemouth)
Type of Employment: Permanent
Who are we?
We are a family run business with a Residential Care Home situated in the most prestigious part of Poole – Branksome Park. We have a unique property which provides the highest quality of care to 37 residents. Our home is friendly, homely, comfortable and committed to ensuring everyone is treated with dignity and person-centred care.
We are situated in 3 acres of wooded grounds with well looked after gardens and beautiful wildlife surrounding our home.
We are looking for a committed and passionate individual who is willing to take on the role as a Deputy Manager. This includes:
• Positively supporting the Registered Manager with the daily running of the home and providing leadership to all functions such as catering, caring, housekeeping and maintenance.
• To manage the service meeting health and safety regulations, care policies and procedures and CQC requirements ensuring professional and outstanding practice is provided.
• Develop effective working relationships with the Registered Manager, all staff and residents within the home.
• Work within a cost-effective manner and manage the home’s budget alongside the Registered Manager.
• Encourage, promote and support staff within the home to undertake their NVQ/QCF Diploma.
• Maintain the culture and ethos of the home by ensuring a positive, open and honest working environment.
• Evaluate care plans to ensure resident’s specific needs are being met.
• Organise activities for residents within the home and oversee rota’s when necessary.
What hours will I work?
Generally, 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday (overtime may be required in an emergency). The Deputy Manager will be expected to participate with the on-call facility and may need to cover shifts in the case of holiday or sickness.
Qualifications & Skills
All you need for this role is a minimum of two to three years’ experience at a senior level this includes being a Team Manager, Team Leader or Senior Support Worker.
• Preferably an NVQ/QCF Level 3 – Health and Social Care.
• Preferably experience working within a residential setting or with adults/elderly. However, this is not essential to the criteria.
• Knowledge of CQC Regulations and audits is desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge of care plans and willing to learn how to write a rota.
• You need to be organised, committed and competent with exceptional communication skills and a good sense of humour!
• We have extensive mentoring/support and training which we provide for all of our employees.
• Lots of scope for progress and recognition for hard work.
• Pension Scheme
• Fully funded Enhanced DBS Check
Apply now, we look forward to hearing from you!