|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Contact Name:||Scott Beattie|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 15:12|
Job Title: Head Chef
Type of employment: Temp to Perm- Contracted full time weekly hours
Salary: £10 per hour (may increase after a probationary period)
This residential care home is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head Chef who can lead the kitchen; making the best homely food.
Residents are involved in planning menus for the coming week during their residents’ meeting. Therefore, all food is prepared at the small home, serving up to 21 residents.
- Prepare and cook homemade meals with fresh vegetables cooked daily; plus breakfast and suppers to a high standard
- Offering quality cuisine, including soft meals and special dietary requirements.
- Following food hygiene and regulations is important as well as the health and safety aspects.
- Ordering food and monitoring stock to help plan and design menus with the residents
- Managing the kitchen supplies, you will also be responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment
- You will complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
- Occasionally cater for special events such as birthdays or food tasting sessions in which visitors also come in and enjoy
- Experience working in a care home or similar environment (e.g. School, hospital) preferred
- Food hygiene certificate preferred
- A qualification in professional cooking is ideal but not essential
- Chef experience with a passion for food and can maintain great standards.
There are some great benefits with working for us at Quad recruitment, which include:
- Consistent number of working hours
- A refund on a DBS
- 28 days annual leave
- Employees work scheme
- Further training….and many more.
If this job sounds very ‘appetising’ then please apply or call Quad Recruitment on 01244 621 477