Night Support Worker
|Job Title:||Night Support Worker|
|Salary:||£9.07 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2018 17:29|
We have opportunities available for Support Workers in a BRAND NEW! service opening in Exeter.
Who are we?
We are a well-established healthcare provider who specialise is providing small residential services specifically for those on the Autistic Spectrum and other associated conditions including Asperger’s Syndrome, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and other complex needs. We take a bespoke approach to our care and support and believe person-centred planning is the core of our service as treat every single resident as an individual (18 to 65 years old).
As a Support Worker you will be working in a small residential unit, where accommodation is provided over two floors; Including general living areas, gardens, individual en-suites, bedrooms and kitchens. Your responsibilities include:
• To be part of a happy, friendly and stimulating environment assisting the residents in the day to day lives including supper, bed time, assisting through the night and getting up in the morning.
• Follow and have responsibility over care plans, assessments and report to the Senior Support Worker within the service.
• Managing any challenging behaviour within the service using the appropriate method of Positive Behavioural Support.
• Ensuring residents live a fun and fulfilled life.
• Working in a very close-knit team of Support Workers and building up trusted relationships with your colleagues and the individuals you are supporting.
• Generally supporting individuals on a 2:1 ratio, therefore an excellent level of support is provided and minimal lone working.
What hours will I work?
• Waking nights working times = 9:45pm until 8:15am.
• Full time position is 36 hours a week.
• Part time position is 21 hours a week.
• x3 shifts = week 1
• x4 shifts = week 2
What do I need?
All you need for this role is a preferably some experience in care as a Support Worker, but this is not essential.
• Your attitude is what is key here, we are looking for people with enthusiasm who are willing to learn.
• You need to be organised, committed and competent with exceptional communication skills and a good sense of humour!
• Ability to be flexible with regards to working weekends as part of your shift pattern.
The good stuff, what’s in it for you?
• An exceptional amount of training and development – paid for
• A full enhanced DBS check – paid for
• Opportunity to obtain a NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care – paid for
• Scope for progression – if that’s what you’re looking for.
• Company pension scheme
• Hourly rate increases after probation period
Feel free to get in touch and the office directly on 01244 621 477 to discuss any roles or opportunities for Support Worker positions that we have in your area.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's