|Job Title:||Oncology Pharmacist|
|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Howcroft|
|Job Published:||December 16, 2020 14:11|
We have an excellent new opportunity for a Cancer Pharmacist to join our client at their onsite pharmacy function based in East Staffordshire. You will play a key role in the Growth and success of the Business applying your professional expertise to support the supply of oncology medicinal products in an effective way.
Let’s start with the benefits!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cover after two years of service
- Annual holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Onsite gym
- Salary is competitive depending on your experience Band 7 to 8 +
To Deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for the millions worldwide! Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies developing innovative solutions that meet patients needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of the team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
- To carry out clinical screening of all prescriptions on EDocs to ensure appropriateness of therapeutic indication, dose, frequency, form, and route of administration in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
- To provide patient counselling and advice by telephone and email (clinical queries, travel queries, device faults and injection technique, side effects/adverse events).
- Approve prescriptions for IV and Oral Oncology medications to be dispensed.
- To oversee and provide final checks on the dispensing and supply of medicinal products in compliance with the requirement of the Medicines, Ethics and Practice Guide
Other duties include the following;
- Verifying pathology and cardiac reports.
- Order compounded IV items as per patient’s needs.
- IQemo support and new regimen approvals.
- Liaise with Bath ASU regarding any patient queries of IV Oncology medication.
- Final accuracy check of dispensed items.
- Creation of new and updating existing nurse administration protocols.
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in pharmacy
- Postgraduate qualification in oncology
- Registered with the GPHC
- Least 3 years’ experience working as a pharmacist in a community or hospital environment
- Least 1 years’ experience working as an oncology pharmacist
That is it! All you have to do is apply now if you are interested or know of someone who might could be interested.