Registered Children's Home Manager
|Job Title:||Registered Children's Home Manager|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £38,000|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2017 10:49|
Job Title: Registered Children’s Home Manager
Type of Employment: Full time
Salary: Compatible and Benefits
Do you love working with children and want to make a difference? Do you have a fountain of knowledge and managerial experience? We’d love to hear from you!
We are currently on the lookout for:
• Registered Children’s Home Manager
Who are we?
Our aim is to provide vulnerable children who have experienced neglect, abuse, breakdown and trauma a therapeutic place to live. We have been making a positive difference for young people for almost 30 years, ensuring every child has the opportunity to grow, flourish, progress and fulfil their potential.
We are a growing, well-established business who want to ensure all of the young people within our care experience the support a parent would provide for them on a day to day basis. Each child is unique and will always be cared for to their specific needs.
Situated in the centre of Salisbury we have a handful of young people living in our therapeutic home ranging from ages 8 to 17 years old for medium to long term placements. As a result of their fragmented and traumatic background these children do display some extremes of challenging behaviour and emotional/behavioural difficulties.
The Role (in a nutshell)
• To lead and manage the Residential Childcare Team within the home and ensure the highest quality of care is being provided for our young people in their day to day lives.
• To ensure continual professional development of the employees within your team and maintain a professional, working relationship.
• To offer solutions to specific children’s needs and help our practitioners understand the complex and emotional behaviours of children and applying your expertise and knowledge to offer a positive outcome.
• Contributing to the highest of your ability to develop our operational childcare practice across all of the homes within our care.
• Assisting children when requested with the transition to their foster families or independence.
• Conducting investigations where necessary of poor practice and appraisals of staff. Reflecting on their performance and progression within the home.
• Provide operational data when required by specified dates.
• To be a positive role model to our care practitioners which includes giving regular mentoring sessions and attainment of each child’s individual and unique care plan.
• Have a positive and influential attitude, able to make decisions and the ability to deliver results where needed.
Qualifications and Skills
• A full clean UK Drivers Licence
• Experience working within a Residential Setting leading and managing a team.
• Preferably a QCF Level 5 or equivalent.
• Familiar with Advanced Local Authority Safeguarding.
• Knowledge of OFSTED inspection requirements within the home.
• Health, Safety and Risk Assessment knowledge of individuals and the environment.
• Experience with extreme challenging behaviours, mental health, sexual health, effects of loss, trauma, abuse and neglection.
• Understanding of Children’s Home Regulations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/IT literate.
What’s in it for you? The good stuff!
• Training and Development (full training package) giving you the opportunity to obtain some fantastic and relevant qualifications!
• Pension Scheme
• Sick pay
• Healthcare scheme
• Discount in lots of high street shops – everyone loves a bit of shopping!
• Discount at leisure facilities and restaurants
• Childcare vouchers
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's