Residential Support Worker (Autism)
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker (Autism)|
|Salary:||£23,000 (inclusive of £60 sleep-in duty rate)|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2018 09:40|
Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary: £23,000 (including sleep-in duties £60 per night)
We are currently seeking reliable, hard-working and resilient Support Workers to join our fantastic team!
Who are we?
Based in Shrewsbury we provide exceptional residential care and education to young people with a diagnosis of Autism, severe and complex learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
Surrounded by 20 acres of land our stunning school and residential homes are fully equipped with the highest technology. Floor to ceiling windows giving an airy, vibrant atmosphere. In addition to this we have a therapeutic farm which enables therapeutic benefits to our young people such as emotional support, building relationships and engagement.
We are entirely committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people, and expect all of our staff to share this commitment with us by providing an excellent standard of care at all times.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be reporting to the Deputy Manager and you are solely responsible for supporting young people in their home, their school and the wider community. You will also provide them with a high standard of care and support service which is appropriate to their individual needs, enabling them to live as independently as possible within the home and in the community.
- As a Residential Support Worker, you will facilitate the needs of the children within their school and residential home.
- Contribute to the development of the young people including both practical and emotional support.
- Help the children in the planning and decision making in the home e.g. domestic and housekeeping duties, leisure activities and out of school clubs etc.
- Prepare and assist the children in preparing meals on a daily basis.
- Endorsing a positive routine and structure for them to follow.
- Ensuring our young people are supervised effectively and their behaviours are monitored on a daily basis.
- Each child should receive person-centred care.
- Consistently encouraging self-development and safeguarding to a very high standard.
What do I need?
Experience of providing care and support to children.
To have good oral and written communication skills.
Experience of working with individuals with disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour would be an advantage.
A full driving license is essential.
What hours will I work?
As a Residential Support Worker you will be expected to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis (rolling rota) ; including weekend shifts.
The good stuff, what's in it for you!
- An extensive training programme including the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Full Enhanced DBS Check.
- Close supervision, mentoring & support.
Feel free to get in touch via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office directly on 01244 621 477 to arrange your registration or discuss any roles that we have in your area.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's