Residential Support Worker (Autism)
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker (Autism)|
|Salary:||£23,000 (inclusive of £60 sleep-in duty rate)|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2018 09:58|
Our established school in Shrewsbury is currently seeking hard-working and passionate Support Worker to join our fantastic team!
Who are we?
We provide residential care and schooling specifically to Children and Young People with Autism and other related conditions. We have approximately 3 schools across the UK as well as adult supported living services.
Our school in Shrewsbury is surrounded by 20 acres of land. Our stunning school and residential homes are fully equipped with the highest technology. Floor to ceiling windows giving an airy, vibrant atmosphere. In addition to this we have a therapeutic farm which enables therapeutic benefits to our young people such as emotional support, building relationships and engagement.
- As a Residential Support Worker you will be reporting to the Deputy Manager and you are solely responsible for supporting young people in their home, their school and the wider community.
- Your day to day responsibilities include assisting them in the class room in their school lives, promoting their independence around the home and encouraging them to do out of school activities.
- You will also provide them with a high standard of care and support service which is appropriate to their individual needs, enabling them to live as independently as possible within the home and in the community.
- As a Residential Support Worker, you will facilitate the needs of the children within their school and residential home.
- Contribute to the development of the young people including both practical and emotional support.
- Help the children in the planning and decision making in the home e.g. domestic and housekeeping duties, leisure activities and out of school clubs etc.
- Prepare and assist the children in preparing meals on a daily basis.
- Endorsing a positive routine and structure for them to follow.
- Ensuring our young people are supervised effectively and their behaviours are monitored on a daily basis.
- Each child should receive person-centred care.
- Consistently encouraging self-development and safeguarding to a very high standard.
What do I need?
- Experience of providing care and support to children or adults (preferably 6 to 12 months).
- To have good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with individuals with disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour would be an advantage.
- A full driving license is essential.
- Must be 21 or over.
What hours will I work?
As a Residential Support Worker you will be expected to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis (rolling rota) ; including weekend shifts.
What's in it for you? The good stuff!
- An extensive training programme including NVQ Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Full Enhanced DBS Check.
- Close supervision, mentoring & support.
Applying for the role
Successful candidates must be aged 21 or over, hold a full UK driving licence and all applicants will require a full Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply now or call us today to find out about more roles and opportunities in your area - 01244 621477.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's