Residential Support Worker (Autism)
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker (Autism)|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Jane Williams|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2018 17:27|
'We are currently seeking reliable, hard-working and resilient Support Workers to join our fantastic team!'
Who are we?
Our client based in Long Ditton are seeking multiple residential support workers to join their ever-growing team of ambitious individuals. They supply exceptional care and education for children with a diagnosis of Autism, severe and complex learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
Our client is completely committed to supplying each service user with the dignity and respect they all deserve. They expect each member of staff to supply a high standard of care at all times.
As a residential support worker, you will be reporting directly to the deputy manager. You will be solely in charge of supporting all children in th home environment, education and community. You will insure that all children are supplied with the same amount of care each and every time they are in your presence. Each child should be treated with the upmost respect and dignity they deserve. Along with the developmental help you will also be required to assist each individual with their emotional needs.
• Support the children through their school and residential home life
• Supporting each individual emotionally and developmentally
• Assist the children with decision making in the household
• Prepare and assist the children in preparing meals
• Reinforce positive routines and structure
• Ensure each individual is supervised and their behaviours are monitored
• Each child should feel centred to their individual needs
• Ensuring safeguarding is met to a very high standard
Experience Skills & Qualifications
• Experience of providing support and care to children
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Computer literate
• Experience of working alongside individuals with disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour would be an advantage
A full driving license is essential
What hours will I work?
As a Residential Support Worker you will be expected to work 42 hours per week on a shift basis (rolling rota) ; including weekend shifts.
• An extensive training programme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Pension Scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Full Enhanced DBS Check.
• Close supervision, mentoring & support.
Applying for the role
Successful candidates must be aged 20 or over, hold a full UK driving licence and all applicants will require a full Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Feel free to get in touch via email or call the office directly on 01244 621 477 to arrange your registration or discuss any roles that we have.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's