Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent|
|Salary:||£22,925 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 13:16|
An amazing Residential Support Worker opportunity awaits you…
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Residential Childcare? Then we would love to hear from you!
Who are we?
We are a well-established healthcare provider who focuses on solely working with Children and Young People ages 10 to 18 years old with complex needs. With over 10 homes across Bedfordshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire we pride ourselves on providing a nurturing therapeutic residential and schooling environment that enables children to supported and safe in our care.
Being a Residential Support Worker means every day is different, it is fun and equally rewarding as it can be challenging. You will be building strong working relationships with our Children and Young People, earning their trust and helping motivate them as well as building their self-esteem and confidence.
• Your role as a Residential Support Worker is to support the individuals in their day to day lives, having responsibility over care plans and reporting the Senior Support Worker’s if and where necessary.
• Promote a positive routine within our young people’s lives, managing their behaviours and help the children with the planning of their day and decision making.
• Ensure the young people are supervised effectively, each child should receive person-centred care and safeguarding to an exceptional standard.
• Contribute positively to the development of our young people this includes both practical and emotional support.
What hours will I work?
As a Residential Support Worker, you are expected to work sleep-ins and weekends as a part of your shift pattern, which is included in the salary advertised. Some of your shifts will be 24 hours long and you will need to be flexible, committed and dedicated.
What do I need?
• Experience working with Children and Young People within a residential or school setting is preferred.
• A positive attitude – we are looking for people who are bubbly, eager and willing to learn!
• Experience working as a Residential Support Worker with complex needs would be of advantage.
• Basic computer skills are essential.
• A Full UK Driver’s License.
If you are interested in the position of a Residential Support Worker or you are interested in hearing more about opportunities we have in your area, please feel free to call Chloe today on 01244 621477 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's