Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Contact Name:||Scott Beattie|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 16:40|
Autism affects how people hear, see and experience the world in a way that is different to how someone without might. This shouldn’t have an influence on the way people live their lives; in which we believe they deserve the right support to help them be as independent as possible.
This well established company supply facilities to help create a society that works for autistic individuals nationwide. This residency in Hertfordshire is a 14 bed home for young adults aged 9-19 years old with a small school attached with just 55 pupils to help equip them to make their own choices in live for the future.
Lets break this down….
Position: Senior Residential Care Worker (full time)
Location: Radlett, Hertfordshire
Annual Salary: £14,775 plus £633 area allowance per annum
Working hours: *34.12 hours per week with a mixture of days, nights, weekdays and weekends.*
*7am- 3pm, 2pm- 10:30pm* (unless specified on ROTA)
*4 week rolling rota*
*3 days off a week*
*2 weekends on, 2 weekends off*
Roles and responsibilities
- The role includes supporting young people with all activities and encouraging them to build on life skills. There are elements of intimate care supporting pupils with washing and bathing.
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential.
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed, e.g. incident reports.
- Provide required support to the individual with autism which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is as safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure technique/s, for the protection & safety of the individual with autism, others & environment.
- support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan.
- participate in all meetings as required and make a positive contribution to them.
- ensure good working relationships with parents, family and other professionals involved in the individual with autism’s care and promote team working and good working relationships with colleagues.
What we want from you
- Previous experience of supporting others with learning disabilities within a residential or outreach setting; preferably caring for people with autistic spectrum disorders.
- To have or be willing to work towards an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social care.
- Full driving license (desirable)
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards supporting others
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively with the service users
- Patient, caring and able to work well on your own as well as liaise with other staff members
- 9 weeks holiday when the service is closed.
· All staff are registered onto the QCF 3 workforce diploma within 3 months of starting
- On going training towards a recognised qualification
- Career progression
If this is the fresh opportunity you have been waiting for then why not ‘Apply’ and join this well acknowledged company.
For further information on all other roles we have to offer in your area then call Quad Recruitment on 01244 621 477. If you feel this role may suit someone else, then why not refer them as we offer referral fees if the proposed candidate is successful and works a set number of hours with us
Quad Recruitment is a specialist Health & Social Care recruitment agency working exclusively with client companies in various roles from Support Workers to Registered Managers. We have started to build up a strong name in the temporary and permanent Healthcare staffing industry and have vast opportunities for you all over the UK. Why not get in touch to discuss any potential roles that may be well suited for you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's