Support Worker (Autism)
|Job Title:||Support Worker (Autism)|
|Salary:||£15,230 (annually) £55.75 per sleep in|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2018 14:49|
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Cramlington - NE23
Type of employment: Permenant
Salary: £15,230 (annually) £55.75 per sleep in
Who are we?
Our client works directly with the NHS and provides complex care for adults. We are specialists in our sector for people on the Autistic Spectrum. We provide the highest level of care and attend to the needs of individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and related conditions. We have a broad range of services that we offer including; Residential Care, Domiciliary Care, Day Centres, College and Supported Living Settings.
- As a Support Worker, you will be caring for adults on the Autism Spectrum Disorder and related conditions.
- You will be ensuring that the day to day care of these superstars is of the highest calibre.
- You will be expected to build a good professional relationship with the individuals and managing their behaviours. This role is equally challenging as it is rewarding!
- You will have responsibility over care plans and assist the Senior and Deputy Service Manager in the daily running of the service.
- You will work with key internal and external working partners such as services managers, carers, families and the local council.
- You will be working within a supported living service alongside a fantastic close knit team with lots of support.
What are my responsibilities?
- To provide a safe, friendly and encouraging working environment. Our residents do like to get out and about so we provide a daily allowance to fund trips into town and other activities. Sometimes you may spend more time in the house than outside.
- Challenging behaviour can occur; however, you will be fully trained and have full support to deescalate all scenarios.
- We are a very close-knit team, and pride ourselves on the homely and very approachable environment we have created.
What hours will I work?
Predominantly only days and covering the odd night shifts. Your contracted hours would be 37.5 hours per week. If you are looking at a full time position you would only work 3 shifts a week - they would all 12 and a half hours long. It is a 2 week rolling rota.
What do I need?
- Experience in working with vulnerable adults is essential for this role and having experience of working with ‘challenging behaviour’ is preferable however is it not essential.
- There are no qualifications that are needed for this role as training & qualifications are provided by the company at no cost to yourself.
- Your attitude is what is key here, as always with Support Work. Enthusiasm, energy and patience to ensure that your charges are well taken care of and have the best environment.
What’s in it for you? The good stuff.
- The salary is £8.10 per hour and all training and qualifications are fully funded.
- You would be put through your NVQ’s & Diplomas, the cost of which is met by the company.
- All of your meals are provided on shift.
- Extensive mentoring and support to progress within your career.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 6 weeks paid holiday eventually increasing to 8 weeks.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme (including 3 months pay)
- Family Friendly Policies
Feel free to get in touch via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office directly on 01244 621 477 to arrange your registration or discuss any roles that we have in your area.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's