|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£17,643- £18, 252|
|Contact Name:||Scott Beattie|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 16:19|
The Sun is on its ways, you’re in that feel good mood, all you need now is that feel good job.
What gives you that feeling more than helping children enjoy living, irrespective of the complexity of their needs.
This well known organisation are looking for Support Workers to join their fantastic team at two of their projects based in Leicester. They aim to achieve their goal of providing quality care and support to the service users.
These 4 bed facilities both cater for children with multiple learning difficulties and challenging behaviour; in which the children are supported with all aspects of care and social skills in an inclusive environment where engagement and activities to stimulate learning and relaxation are encouraged.
These projects act as a respite service to help the families of the service users in which we believe they deserve all the help necessary to allow them some of their own.
Ok, lets get to the bits about you!
Position: Support Worker
Pay: £339.3 weekly pay (£17,643 pa)- Unqualified
£351 weekly pay (£18,252 pa)- Qualified
£45 additional pay for sleep ins
*39 hours a week contract- over 7 nights a week*
Service Users: 6- 18 years of age providing services to approx. 55 children
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care when appropriate such as washing, cleaning, assisting with meals and every day domestic tasks
- Promote a safe and normal living environment; helping service users live as independently as they can by interacting with them In all stimulating activities.
- Work closely with Team leaders in preparing and implementing support programs
- Record all relevant information such as incidents and changes in behaviour etc
- Participate in staff review process
- To work necessary hours required to fit the needs of the scheme
- Career Progression
- Training towards an NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Additional training such as administrating medication, problem solving
- Referral Scheme
- Refunded DBS
- Ongoing Support
- Enrolment onto pension scheme
- Employee gift vouchers…..and many more
Now before you get too excited, lets just go through what we are looking for:
- Experience working in a care environment preferred but not essential
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or professional qualifications in social work (desirable)
- Calm and level headed
- Patient and tolerant
- Driving license (desirable)
- DBS Certificate (transferrable desirable)
I know what you are thinking….’what a great opportunity’.
One of the most rewarding things in life, is helping others. Why not get paid for it also.
Apply or contact Quad Recruitment on 01244 621 477.
If this fantastic opportunity doesn’t necessary fit you but may be suitable for someone you may know then why not refer them to us as we will give you a referral fee of up to £150 for successful candidates you proposes!! (T&C apply)