|Job Title:||Support Worker/Practitioner|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2017 13:51|
Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Type of Employment: Permanent
Salary: £14,664-£17,082 (additional £40 sleep in allowance)
Who are we?
With over 10 homes in total and rapidly expanding we are an established Residential Care Home Provider based in the North West of England currently seeking resilient, energetic and hard-working Support Workers to join our fantastic team in our NEW! Home which is opening soon!
We assist young people who experience complex emotional, social and behavioural difficulties that have often come from a background of family crisis, neglect and abuse. In our cluster of homes, we deliver outstanding care and support to each child creating endless opportunities to flourish and develop.
It is our passion to change the lives of young people giving them the best possible life chances and achieving excellence throughout.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will facilitate the needs of the children within the home. You will be seen as a guardian to our young people, assisting them in their day to day lives from cooking their tea taking them to school and out of school activities/hobbies. It is important to use a good parenting and therapeutic approach in this role, with the ability to make a connection with young people.
You will be expected to enforce a positive routine for them to follow, ensuring our children are supervised effectively and their behaviour is monitored daily. Each child is clinically assessed enabling us to provide a child-centred approach.
It is important as a Support Worker you are able to build a trusted, professional relationship with the children and provide sustainability by consistently encouraging self-development and safe guarding to an extremely high standard.
As you integrate yourself into the children’s lives you may experience some challenging behaviour
What hours will I work?
Shift work (evening, weekends & sleep ins required)
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with children within a residential setting as a Support Worker would be of advantage
- A full clean UK Driver’s Licence is desirable
- You must be over 23 to apply for this role
- A Level 1,2 or 3 NVQ/QCF – Health & Social Care or Children and Young Person’s Workforce
- Good written and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with individuals who display challenging behaviours would be of advantage
If you are looking for progression as a Support Worker in the Healthcare Sector there is a lot of scope within the home.
- We believe in inspiring our employees therefore we offer a chance to gain a Level 3 Children & Young Person’s Pathway qualification.
- Pension Scheme
- Full Enhanced DBS Check
- Close supervision, mentoring and support
- Extensive training package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's