**Team Leader needed ASAP**
Job Title: Team Leader
Job Type: Permanent (40 hours)
Salary: £9.17 - £9.73 Per Hour (sleep-in rate £67.50)
Residential Specialist (Children and Young People with Autism and associated conditions and learning difficulties)
*Plus, a generous over time rate*
Our Client is developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of autism and associated conditions.
Our client is recruiting for Team Leader’s to work with the Home Manager and existing team to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will contribute to the individual’s Quality of Life Plan and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Hold a high level of experience of working with children with learning difficulties
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Children & Young People or Residential Childcare and experienced in leading teams and mentoring junior members of the team.
In addition, you will need a full driving licence and your own vehicle along with flexibility to travel and work shifts.
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance (after 12 months)
- In-house L&D team offering free ongoing training and support up to Foundation Degree level and beyond
- 2-week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown cover
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week on a flexible shift pattern with additional sleep -Ins. The rota will be maintained in advance
Our client is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs with over 30 years’ experience. We deliver a portfolio of specialist service for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition, successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for) and maintain a DBS update membership (again which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required, and comprehensive background checks completed.