|Job Title:||Registered Manager|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000 DOE|
|Contact Name:||Chloe McEniff|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2017 15:17|
Job Title: Registered Manager
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Who are we?
We have been supporting people across the country over England and Wales for more than 20 years. During this time, we have developed long and short term care, supported living and residential care. Currently, we have almost 800 people in our care with Autism, ADHD, Substance Misuse, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviours, Physical Disability and Mental Health.
We provide person-centred care to the highest quality for many people who have experienced life changing conditions. Our passion for helping others is second to none.
The Role (in a nutshell)
You will be part of a fantastic, well-functioning team, assisting users with moderate to high needs.
- To lead and manage a small team within the home and ensure the highest quality of care is being provided for our 6 service users with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- Maintain structure and boundaries.
- To ensure continual professional development of the employees within your team and maintain a professional, working relationship.
- Conducting investigations where necessary of poor practice and appraisals of staff. Reflecting on their performance and progression within the home.
- Ensure the service is meeting CQC Requirements.
- To be a positive role model to our care practitioners which includes giving regular mentoring sessions and attainment of each child’s individual and unique care plan.
- Have a positive and influential attitude, able to make decisions and the ability to deliver results where needed.
- To offer solutions to specific client’s needs and help our practitioners develop their skills by applying your expertise and knowledge to offer a positive outcome.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained at all times within your home through recruitment and careful selection of candidates.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience of working with adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities at Deputy or Management level is preferable due to the complexity of the service users. But not necessarily at RM level. We would consider someone who is at Deputy level who can demonstrate a proven history of successfully manging or assisting with the running of a home.
- A full clean UK Drivers Licence.
- Experience working within a Residential Setting leading and managing a team.
- Preferably a NVQ Level 5 Management or equivalent. This is not essential.
- Familiar with Advanced Local Authority Safeguarding.
- Knowledge of OFSTED inspection requirements within the home.
- Health, Safety and Risk Assessment knowledge of individuals and the environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/IT literate
What’s in it for you? The good stuff!
- Free DBS check
- Individual Group Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to a maximum of 3%)
- Annual Entitlement – 25 days
- Full Training and Development Package
- Close supervision, mentoring and peer support
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's