Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours)
Salary: £8.21 - £8.93 Per Hour + 67.50 per sleep-in on site
Residential Specialist (Children and Young People with Autism and associated conditions and learning difficulties)
Our client is developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of autism and associated conditions.
As a Support Worker you will work closely with our young people to ensure they are being provided support and a good quality of life with positive outcomes.
We are looking for people who are:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Able to enjoy our young people’s successes and be supportive through their challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations, while remaining calm under pressure
- A good communicator with interpersonal skills.
- Have a sense of humour and fun
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts across multiple sites where needed
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Children and Young People. Our client will provide you with all the skills and training you require to be successful.
However, after the 6-month probation, you will be expected to commence studying towards a Level 3 NVQ in Residential Childcare.
If you join us with a Level 3 Diploma in Children & Young People or Residential Childcare, you will receive a huge £1000 welcome bonus. You will receive £250 after the completion of induction, £250 once you have passed your probationary period and the remaining £500 on your 12-month anniversary.
This is a permanent role with full time opportunities on a variety of shift patterns
However, we require an element of flexibility as everything we do is focussed on the children and young people in our care.
- Competitive salary from £8.21 – £8.93 per hour increasing with qualifications
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance (after 12 months)
- In-house L&D team offering free ongoing training and support up to Foundation Degree level and beyond
- 2-week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown cover
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist service for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition, successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for) and maintain a DBS update membership (again which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required, and comprehensive background checks completed.